11 Jun Five Fab Things To Do In Chicago This June
Now that the weather has changed, it’s all about enjoying the great outdoors. Here are five excellent activities to take advantage of this June!
AL FRESCO DINNER
118 N Green St.
Element Collective’s groovy al fresco pop-up restaurant on a sidewalk on Green Street features fresh, local flavors, boozy sno-cones and an extensive rosé list.
- Parson’s Chicken and Fish
2952 W Armitage Ave.
If you want to avoid overpriced cocktails, head west to this hipster patio in Logan Square for hyper fresh fried chicken and fish, hush puppies, oysters and refreshing Negroni slushies.
Paddle Boarding on Lake Michigan
1600 N Lake Shore Dr. (South of Castaways Bar & Grill on North Avenue Beach)
Cross Town Fitness teamed up with Chicago SUP, the city’s premier Stand-Up Paddle Board outfitter, to offer Chicagoans a chance to paddle board on Lake Michigan at North Avenue Beach every Saturday morning (8:30–9:30).
- CTF Members have access to FREE SUP rentals Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. and is 50% off for CTF guests. Drop-in passes are $25 each and 10-packs are $220.
- Sign up at crosstownfitness.com
Free Jazz at the MCA
220 East Chicago Ave.
Each Tuesday over the summer, Chicagoans can hit the MCA for Jazz on the Terrace highlighting artists from Chicago’s jazz community.
Performances happen every Tuesday, June 2–September 29, 2015, 5:30–8 pm.
Free Movies in the Park (June 23-September 1)
201 E Randolph St.
- The Millennium Park Foundation is showing a total of 11 films as part of the Summer Film Series at Millennium Park. All movies start at 6:30pm.
Back to the Future (6/23), Apollo 13 (6/30)
Napoleon Dynamite on 6/16
- The Chicago Park District also has its own series, Movies in the Parks, starting on 6/4.
Features 240+ outdoor screenings of current and classic movies in parks across the city like Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Wizard of Oz, Annie, and Selma.
View the schedule here!
Green City Market –Saturdays through October
1750 N Clark St. (in Lincoln Park across from zoo)
2430 N Cannon Dr. (Fulton Market)
Celebrating its 17th anniversary, Green City Market is a nationally recognized marketplace supporting local sustainably-grown food. There is a second Green City Market opening in Fulton Market this June.
- Cooking Demos
- Music for Kids
- Organic Local Produce (every Saturday & Wednesday)
- Chef BBQ Benefit- July 16